Have you ever seen a child moving his body flawlessly when he listens to music? It’s a joy watching children dance. Actually dance is an activity, which involves fun and fitness. When we dance we move our bodies in a similar way we exercise. Even there are some forms of exercise that involve dance such as Zumba, aerobics, etc. Children are very energetic and this energy should be used in a good way. If kids show interest in dance parents should sign them up for dance lessons.
Advantages Of Dancing For Children
- There are many reasons for signing up your children up for dance lessons. When children dance it helps them to improve their social skills and self-esteem.
- It not only helps in bettering their stage presence but also helps in bettering their body posture.
- As children will use their energy in a creative way it will put impact their personality.
- These days children tend to eat a lot of unhealthy food leading to obesity dance will help them to be fit and healthy.
- Physical fitness is very important for kids. When children dance they become more confident and active.
- By doing regular dance practice they would learn the value of hard work, discipline, and self-motivation at a young age.
There are numerous dance styles for children which would help them to improve their personality and physical fitness as well. There are various children dance academies available these days basis interest of the kids one can get them enrolled in a suitable dance academy.
- Bollywood dance
- Folk dance
- Morden and contemporary
- Tap dancing
- Irish dance
- Hip hop
Every dance has a common feature of the team working. While learning dance your kid would understand the value of teamwork which would help him/her in the future. They will learn how to do things in partnership.
The Best Age For Enrolment:
Some of the kids are god gifted and they start to show their talent at a very early age otherwise by the age of 2 to 3 years children are able to grasp dance moves. At this age they have enough motor skills hence it is the best time to enroll in any children’s dance class. Different dance classes have their eligibility criteria. If your kid is able to match up to the required criteria you should get them admitted for the dance class.
How To Develop An Interest In Your Kids For Dance
Not every kid is keen to learn dance. You should do some tricks to develop their interest in dancing. Provide them storybooks about dancing, you can take them to dance and show how fun dancing could be. Some kids try to copy the dance steps that they see on the television, you should encourage them.
It is also very important to not force your kids to learn dance in case they are not interested. It is not necessary that every kid enjoys dance hence you will need to look for their interests and accordingly get them admitted to the class of their interest.